Wednesday 11 April 2012

Great Cocky Count

The Great Cocky Count is this Sunday 15th April. It is an annual snapshot survey to find out how many Carnaby's cockatoos are using the Swan Coastal Plain (and beyond).

Please contact Tamara Kabat (Birdlife Australia) if you'd like to participate. For more details please see the information sheet.

If you do participate, please look out for my tail marked birds and report sightings of them to me. This is a great opportunity to find out how far they have dispersed.

If you have registered to be a volunteer for the count you will have received an information pack/email which includes my contact details and a number to call if you see a green-tailed cockatoo during your survey. I would like to try to follow them when they leave the roost in the morning so please call me to report your sighting as soon as you can (even late that night).